The professional, young & dynamic team of Saltwater Yachts fully understands the operational and management requirements of yachts, whether that would be a 7 meter tender or a 120 meter Superyacht. We are here to provide support on a day to day basis and assist the crew in operating the yacht in the most efficient way, however always ensuring this is done in a cost effective way for the owner.
Saltwater Yachts Management has years of experience and strong relationships with experts in many specialized fields and disciplines within the yachting industry. We operate on the simple philosophy that owning a yacht should an enjoyable and trouble-free experience. Our mission is to manage each yacht as a separate and unique business, while insulating the owner from the issues and routine of the day-to-day operations.
Safety & security are of paramount importance while operational management, financial administration, insurance, technical maintenance and certification, quality assurance and crew placement are also major components that comprise the pleasurable yachting experience. Our management proposal is tailored to meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of the yacht owner.
The Saltwater Yachts management team is committed in providing quality assured services that comply with customer, company and regulatory requirements with the aim of ensuring customer satisfaction.
Activities undertaken by our management team:
Technical Support & Maintenance
- Plan repairs and scheduled dry-dockings of the vessel
- Prepare worklists and implement the planned maintenance system (PMS)
- Plan and implement upgrading of the yacht to provide an optimum standard of maintenance and performance.
- Negotiate contracts for the supply of stores, lubricants and spare parts of high quality at the most economical cost and ensuring that favorable credit terms are obtained;
- Liaise with classification societies & flag administration to ensure vessel is always in compliance with existing rules & regulations.
- Provide technical support & insurance claim handling safeguarding owner’s interests.
Construction & Refit services
- Prepare specification, budgets, negotiate subcontractor contracts.
- Project management & consultation to major refit projects.
- Provide quality control & frequent reporting of the refit progress to owners – yacht representatives.
- Onsite supervision.
- Prepare annual yacht budgets with monitoring and real-time control of expenditures, readily available to owners for review
- Monitor vessel’s position, status, liaise with captain regarding itineraries and short and long term operational needs.
- Liaise with chartering department on charter clients special requests & needs.
- Arrange and purchase bunkers of the correct quantity, quality and at favorable rates.
- Control all purchasing related matters in liaison with Technical or Charter department (where applicable).
- Control all crewing related matters.
- Liaison with port agents for any need at yacht’s location.
- Liaison with vessel’s insurers & local authorities.
For yachts over 500 Gross registered tonnage, Saltwater Yachts Management team can provide:
- Tailor made ISM/ISPS systems
- Designated Person Ashore (DPA) & Company Security Officer (CSO)
- Crew certification & crew audits on the implementation of the Safety Management System
- Crew seminars & familiarization on company policies and conduct, yacht operation.
Crew Management services
- Crew documentation, MLC compliance
- Qualification vetting
- Seafarer employment & confidentiality agreements.
- Efficient embarkation, disembarkation & repatriation of crew.